Why hire a professional photographer for your headshot?
Headshots are a great marketing tool. A fantastic headshot allows you to establish an initial connection with potential clients or employers - whether you are a lawyer, real estate agent, author, or a chef, your headshot helps you make a great first impression. Taking a headshot seems pretty simple right? Not so fast... Professional headshot photographers understand the many aspects of creating the perfect headshot, and they can provide you with images that are sure to have a positive impact on your business. Here are just a few reasons why you need a professional headshot.
1. You can only make a first impression once. First impressions are incredibly important. People tend to make a lot of inferences based on their first impressions, inferences that can make or break a business relationship. According to the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, judgements made on first impressions outweigh real facts learned later about the person. In other words, it can be nearly impossible to bounce back from a bad first impression. In an increasingly virtual world, it has become more difficult to make a great first impression. Meeting someone in a face to face situation allows you to utilize other aspects of your character to connect with others - the first impression made through a photograph is based solely on appearance and it has to speak volumes about your character. A great headshot can can convey all the best aspects of your personality and make a dazzling first impression.
2. You will show that you care. Your headshot will not only make a great first impression, it is a way to show that you care about what others think. If people know you care about the impression you make, they are far more likely to believe that you are trustworthy, dedicated, and successful. Professionals who do make their headshot a priority may just use any old photo, this projects the idea they don't really care about their success, and might be lazy, sloppy or distracted in the work place.
3. Investing in a great headshot will reap lucrative rewards. You might wonder if the cost of hiring a fantastic, experienced headshot photographer is worth it. The investment you make on your incredible headshot and updating your online presence will result in a surge of exposure for you and your business. Just think of how many new client relationships you will establish, and the profit your business will experience. The minimal cost of hiring a photographer is a small price to pay for a wealth of new business.
4. Professionals know what they are doing. People today have certainly become very adept at taking selfies. However, a selfie just isn't going to cut it for business purposes. A professional headshot photographer is great at what they do, they understand lighting, shadow, depth, compositions, lines, and vantage points. In short, they pay attention to many fine details that have probably never crossed anyone's mind while taking a selfie.
5. A headshot photographer understands the the psychology of a headshot. Years of experience, and a wealth of knowledge in the photography industry have taught us exactly how to convey the perfect message to your audience. Maybe your an attorney who wants to look friendly and approachable, or maybe you prefer the fierce and powerful look. Perhaps you a financial planner, in that case you need clients to believe you are reliable and trustworthy. No matter what image you are trying to project, We can make it happen. Certain poses and lighting techniques can be used to create a headshot that tells a story about your character and values.
A professional headshot is absolutely priceless. An excellent headshot conveys invaluable information about your character, work ethic, and personality to potential clients. Please feel free to contact me to learn about have amazing professional headshots.